Things to need to consider before an eye bag removal in SingaporeBeauty
Have you recently been told that you look older than you actually are? Are you tired of looking, well, tired all the time? Are your eye bags giving a disinterested vibe to the people you interact with? Well, you are not alone. A lot of men and women actually share this problem.
The presence of an eye bag can be attributed but not limited to the following:
- Ageing – as we age, it is natural that our skin, fat, and muscle to sag and accumulate around the area of the eye
- Water retention usually caused by crying in the eye area
- Accumulation of fat tissues in the eye area
- Skin laxity on the lower eyelids
- Genetics – you might have inherited it
- Lack of sleep
A puffy eye bag can even be more annoying and frustrating if you have already applied all available eye creams and concealers but they just do not do the trick. Fortunately, with the advancement of technology and of course, due to many people wanting to have a permanent way to remove their eye bags, surgical eye bags treatment has become a popular cosmetic procedure.
Eye bags removal surgery, medically known as Lower Blepharoplasty, is a procedure done to remove fat deposits in the lower eyelid by creating a small incision to the target area. In Singapore, in particular, eye bags removal treatments are readily available in most plastic surgery clinics.
In any surgical procedure, regardless if they are invasive, it is important to carefully think about it before proceeding with it. This is very true, especially for plastic surgeries, since these surgeries are driven by personal reasons rather than of medical necessities. They can be life-changing and most results are permanent.
If you are serious about getting an eye bags removal surgery in Singapore, here are a few factors you need to consider:
1. How suitable are you for the treatment?
There is no age limit as to who can undergo this procedure. However, this is not for everyone. It is best to have your eye bags properly checked and diagnosed by a plastic surgeon that specializes in this field. You may go or contact Allure Plastic Surgery, headed by consultant plastic surgeon, Dr Samuel Ho. Dr Ho and his team will gladly discuss with you everything you need to know about your suitability for the treatment, as well as the best treatment options for you.
2. What are the different techniques used to surgically remove eye bags in Singapore?
There are two (2) types of techniques mostly used to surgically remove eye bags in Singapore. The one to be used on you will depend on different factors such as the laxity of your skin, the results you want to obtain, and others. The two (2) techniques that can be used are:
- Traditional Incision or Cutting Method – this method involves creating an incision or cut on the lower eye lid (just below the eye lashes) to either remove excess fat or redistribute it to flatten the area.
- Trans conjunctival (Scarless) Eye Bag Removal Procedure – this method also involves creating incisions. However, incisions are created on the inner surface of the lower eyelid where the excess fat will be removed. Local anaesthesia is administered before proceeding with the actual procedure.
These two procedures are offered at Allure Plastic Surgery.
3. How long does the procedure last?
The eye bags removal procedure would usually take around 30 minutes to two (2) hours. But this will depend on the clinic you will have it done. Some claim that it only takes 10-20 minutes per eye, especially for a Scarless technique. However, a traditional incision may take be longer. Relatively, it is just a short procedure and is done as an outpatient. It means that you can go home right after the surgery.
4. Does the procedure have a downtime? How long does it take to recover after?
Recovery time for eye bags removal procedure is estimated to 1-2 weeks. But this is not always true, as it will still depend on the ability of your eye to heal from wounds. At the same time, the technique used to surgically remove your eye bags will also matter. Scarless eye bag removal will require lesser downtime as compared to the Traditional Incision method.
5. How much is the cost for an eye bag removal surgery in Singapore?
The cost of an eye bag removal surgery in Singapore will mostly depend on the plastic surgery clinic you will have it done. Prices vary per clinic. But it is estimated to be priced at $3,500 to $7,000, for either a Traditional Incision or Scarless technique.
Take note, however, that additional expenses may be needed for consultations before and after the actual procedure. Your surgeon may also require you to take medications especially after the surgery such as painkillers. These expenses are not included in the price of the actual procedure.
Allure Plastic Surgery
435 Orchard Rd, #22-04 Wisma Atria,
+65 6734 9988